.addthis_button_stumbleupon_badge:hover{opacity:1;}

Sunday 14 July 2013

Franck Ribery sets sight on Ballon' Dior

Franck Ribery claims he deserves to win the Ballon d'Or for his role in Bayern Munich's treble-winning campaign last season.
The France winger, along with team-mates Thomas Muller, Arjen Robben and Mario Mandzukic, was nominated for the Uefa Best Player in Europe prize this week.
However, the 30-year-old has targeted winning the Ballon d'Or and believes he will never have a better chance of being crowned the world's best player.
"I think I’ve done everything to be the world’s best player,” he told the Bundesliga's official website.
"I’ve played a very, very good season. It’s either now or never for winning this prize. I can’t play any better than this."
Ribery then revealed he is enjoying life under new Bayern coach Pep Guardiola and says his current situation is a world away from his struggles under Louis van Gaal.
The former Marseille man had a poor relationship with the Dutchman while he was in charge at the Allianz Arena between 2009 and 2011, with Ribery even coming close to leaving the club.
However, he remained at Bayern and went on to become an important member of Jupp Heynckes' treble-winning squad last season and says first impressions have been good with his latest mentor.
He added: "Things didn’t really feel right on a human level with Van Gaal, but it was positive from day one with Guardiola.
"You can feel a mutual respect and recognition."
Ribery is contracted to the Bavarian giants until 2017 and admitted he would like to stay until the end of his playing days. 
"Both me and the club want me to end my career here. I hope to win lots more trophies yet. If I reach the end of my current contract, then I will have been at Bayern for a decade and that would be really cool.
 

Receive All Updates Via Twitter